These days, every male man should want to grow a beard, because it’s a serious chick magnet. About 2 decades ago, every young man between the age of 15 and 25 did not like beards, they were ashamed of it, they wished that it never grew and when it finally happens, they would shave it off almost immediately in a bid to hide the fact that they were fast becoming bearded grown men. But alas, those days are gone.
These days most guys have embraced it as it is fast becoming a trend among guys. They dream of growing thick luxurious beards right from adolescence. They can’t wait to show them off to impress the ladies. After all, it’s a sign of true manliness and maturity and of course the fact that women like it is also a big plus.
Although not all men find it easy to grow beards, there are few things you can do to help.
1. Watch Your Diet:
Hair is made up of protein, so eating protein rich diet will help provide your body with adequate nutrients to help your facial hair grow. Also stick to a healthy, nutritious and vitamin-rich diet. Drink plenty of water, the recommended eight glasses of water a day actually helps you grow a thick, full and healthy beard.
2. Reduce stress and get enough sleep and exercise:
Stress actually contributes to hair loss, so as much as possible try and maintain a flexible schedule. When you are under stress, your male hormone levels drops and this constricts blood vessels thereby causing the hair toot to receive fewer nutrients. You should avoid stressful situations, always find time to relax and try and sleep a minimum of 7 to 8 hours daily. This is essential for your beard growth as well as your general well-being.
3. Proper Skin Care:
When your skin is not clean, hair follicles can become blocked with dirt thus preventing your hair from growing. Clean skin accelerates hair growth so makes sure to practice proper skin care, ensure your skin is always clean and use grooming products. Also, exfoliate your face once a week, this will help remove dead cells and stimulate facial hair growth
4. Take The Right Vitamins And Supplements:
Taking the right vitamins and supplements will help your beard growth. Mineral deficiency could cause slowness of hair growth and daily intake of supplements that contain Iron, vitamin E, vitamins B (particularly biotin), vitamin D, selenium, copper, magnesium and zinc would help your beard growth to a certain degree. You could also take 2.5 mg of biotin supplement every day to help your beard grow faster.
5. Use Of Amla Oil:Amla oil is a natural remedy to increase facial hair growth. Massage your skin with amla oil and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse your face with cold water and then clean it.
6. Don’t Shave And Shape Too Soon:A lot of people believe that the more you shave the more the beard grows, which is not true. You grow a beard by letting it grow, not by shaving it. You need to give your beard time to grow if you want to grow fuller beards. You must let your beard grow for at least 1 to 2 months (without shaving or shaping). Only then, would most beards start to fill up. After this, you can then start to groom and shape it to your desired style suitable for your face shape.
7. Consider medicinal help, such as testosterone therapy.
8. Spirit: This does help too.