Vaseline was developed in 1872 by Unilever. Within a few short years the plain petroleum jelly had become a standard necessity in most houses. Here are ten ways you can use Vaseline in your personal beauty routine. These are just ten of the beauty uses to which people have put Vaseline in its 140 years as a consumer product. A full list of Vaseline uses would include everything from lip balm to shoe polish. When it comes to do-it-all products, Vaseline and baking soda just might be the most versatile things you have in your home. Both have multiple beauty applications and safety records dating back well over 100 years. It is hard to find a product as well-tested and well-respected as Vaseline. Make it a part of your beauty routine today.
- It makes your eyelashes grow: Lather Vaseline all over your eyelashes overnight and watch them thicken, even without a prescription!
2. Soften dry and cracked elbows.
3. Dry cuticles: Store a mini-Vaseline container in your purse and use for emergency dry cuticle moments.
4. For kissable, luscious lips: Fall is a beast for drying out summary, dewy lips. Vaseline is there for you and your irresistible pout. You can also mix Vaseline with Kool-Aid powder and make a colored (and flavored) lip gloss.
5. Help your perfume last longer: Softly rub Vaseline all over your perfume points (i.e. the cleavage, behind the ear, neck, and wrist) and your scent will last longer!
6. Softer Skin: It’s not true that Vaseline clogs pores, so smear it all over your face, neck, and arms for softer skin.
7. Lipstick smudges: Spread a little Vaseline over your teeth and lipstick smudges are gone and also Vaseline is non-toxic, so it is safe to swallow.
8. To remove makeup: Helps in removing your makeup and moisturizing your skin at the same time, and you do both without any harsh chemicals.
9. Perfect for an eyeshadow & blush boost: Apply some under your eye shadow for a glossy effect. Apply on the apples of your cheeks for a dewy glow. Mix a little Vaseline with blush will turn that blush into a lipstick. As an added benefit, the lipstick you create this way will moisturize and protect your lips.
10. It eases eyebrow plucking: It Tame your eyebrows and it eases the pain of plucking by softening the skin and making the eyebrow hair less resistant to being pulled. So, before you reach for the tweezers, reach for the Vaseline.
11. Prevent hair dye from seeping onto your forehead: Softly dab all over your hairline and keep that box hair dye from dying your forehead the color of your new hairdo.
12. To make your accessories look brand new: New job interview or a hot date? Put a small dab on your shoes and shine away!
13. Hide Split Ends: Haven’t had a haircut since your budget only allows you go to Great Clips for a quickie? Hide damaged ends with a small amount on your ends.
14. Remove makeup stains for your clothes: Dab a little with a damp cloth.
15. To get your nail polish bottle open: Make it easier next time and rub Vaseline under the cap. Easy to open the next time you decide to do an at-home pedicure.
16. Exfoliating body wash: Mix with sea salt and come out of the shower feeling soft, and sexy. It makes an outstanding exfoliant and body scrub. Not only will it remove dead cells and excess oils, it will soften and moisturize your skin as it works. Usually, you are well-advised to moisturize your skin after exfoliating, but if you use this Vaseline recipe, you’ll save yourself some time by doing both at once.
17. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line.
18.Prevents RashesThigh chafing is a common annoying problem during summers. Due to sweating, our thighs are constantly chafing which results in painful rashes. Spread some Vaseline on the part of thighs which are likely to rub. You can also apply Vaseline on your neck or underarms to avoid rashes from your collar or tight sleeves.
19. Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving.
20. It can help heal cracks; soften skin, improve dryness, and reduce calluses. Many people use it during the dry winter months to protect their hands. It works wonders for people who must constantly wash their hands
21. Lubricates ear lobes: It helps make earring insertion easy and painless.