I once saw a meme that said ‘If your man doesn’t have a beard then you’re dating a lesbian’, do I agree with the meme? Probably. We live in the era where the bearded men are the ones that the ladies are dying for and they even go as far as shaming men who don’t have beards. Well, if you still need reasons to grow beards, below are some reasons you should start growing beards.
1. TENDS TO GET YOU LAID MORE: Women rate men with beards as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant and masculine, studies also found that women see men with beards as the best romantic partners either for a fling or a long-term relationship and that beardedness is a biological marker of sexual maturity.
2. KEEPS YOUR FACE WARMER: Having a beard can help keep you warm when it’s cold, having beards acts as a barrier of protection when it’s cold as it traps your body heat from escaping thereby keeping your face and neck warm; the longer the beard, the better the insulation you get.
3. AIDS IN PREVENTING SKIN CANCER: Researchers found that keeping a beard can help you prevent skin cancer because 95 percent of UV rays from the sun are blocked by beards.
4. KEEPS YOUR FACIAL SKIN YOUNGER AND SMOOTHER: Constant shaving erodes the sebaceous glands which help moisturize the face by secreting natural oil when you grow a beard, the sebaceous glands function naturally, helping keep your skin smooth and young and you never have to worry about dry skin when keeping a beard.
5. LITTLE TO NO INFECTIONS: When you keep a beard, you never have to worry about bacterial infections, ingrowths and folliculitis (infection of the hair follicles) as shaving regularly exposes you to these infections because bacteria naturally exist on the skin and when you shave, openings are created in the skin which can bring in these bacteria leading to infections