Adding more oil to oily skin? As unreasonable as this may sound, some oils work wonders for oily skin. They contain anti-inflammatory, anti bacterial compounds which are found in most anti acne products and these make them good for oily and acne prone skin.
Most of the time we use harsh products to strip our faces and skin off the oil it produces, however this does more harm than good. Why? Use of harsh products on oily skin takes out all oils from the skin making it over compensate for the lack of oil by producing even more oil which makes the situation even worse.
If you have tried out oils to treat your oily skin and yet no result, you might have embarked on the wrong oil journey. This post will enlighten you on the different amazing oils suitable for oily and acne prone skin.
- Tea Tree oil – tea tree oils have a wide range of benefits that include antimicrobial and antifungal properties. People who decide to self treat their acne have reported that tea tree oil played a large role is this.
- Jojoba oil – The very famous jojoba oil is the nearest in molecular structure to our natural sebum. It is very light weight and perfect for oily skin as it tricks the skin to stop over production of its own oils.
- Aloe Vera oil – Aloe vera is known for its healing and calming properties. It is packed with vitamins (B, C, E), amino acids, proteins, mineral etc that actively repairs skin and it reduces redness and inflammation.
- Geranium oil – this is great for oily and congested skin types as it helps regulate sebum production. It also tightens skin and promotes blood circulation that helps to heal acne scars.
- Lavender oil – this oil soothes and noursishes the skin mainly because of its antimicrobial and antioxidants characteristics. Although lavender oil is good for healing dry skin, it also treats acne and reduces the appearance of dark spots caused by acne scars.
If you have tried any of these oils and they didn’t work, consider looking into your diet or lifestyle as these are also things that can cause acne and oily skin.